More trims and details





 

I began to use some of my other yarns to create detailed trims. The fringing above was created by e-wrapping individually cut lengths of a royal blue acetate floss yarn. I liked the free movement of the yarn fringing and felt that it was a way of tying the samples together, even if the detail is in a different yarn.
 
 Brushing the mohair with a darker, shimmering yarn also helped to create a juxtaposition of texture- key to the entire collection of samples so far. It has been a struggle to find a use for the mohair so far. I have tried knitting it in on the machine and it kept getting caught and the same happened on the chunky gauge domestic machine also. I have found the only way to successfully use the yarn is to e-wrap or long e-wrap it in manually. It is a little disappointing and I do feel that the yarn has limited uses now but I still love the colour and hairy quality that it provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment