Tassles and Trims

I began to see a pattern in the development of my samples. I was using a lot of detailed edging techniques and fringing/ tassles. I decided to introduce leather as yet another texture, mainly due to the different quality found on the surface and on the suede. I think this will help to introduce a darker element to the samples and the movement of the tassling will serve well as detailing, making for a potentially exciting fashion fabric.

I think that the leather being used as an edge detail will also help to lift the aesthetic of the collection, hopefully reflecting the high end context that they are going to used for. The interaction with other colours and textures of yarns such as the mohair and bright oranges will be visually really interesting too.



Picot Edge with leather tassle detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment