Bondable Film

As blending unusual materials was a recurring theme throughout the sampling process, I wanted to constantly test myself and push this as far as possible. I discovered bondable film, which is basically angelina fibres that have been processed into a flat sheet that bonds to itself when treated with heat.

I loved the bright, iridescent nature of the film. The transparency was also something that I found interesting and I tried using the film to finish an edge to act as a trim and to trap other materials in between such as the leather tassles (see images).

The bondable film was quite difficult to control successfully. It was also quite annoying that the film would only bond to itself and not other fibres or yarns from the sections of knitting. I do, however think that the colour and texture works beautifully with the leather and could be experimented with further.



No comments:

Post a Comment