Missoni S/S 14


 
After deciding to look at bones as a starting point to the personal part of my project, I wanted to look at some designers and their collections to help build an aesthetic and vibe to work towards.
 
I adore the laddered detail and movement of these pieces by Missoni, S/S 14. I think the devil is in the detail and these pieces look considered but at the same time the free movement of the ladders is beautiful.
 
I also think that the colour palette of off whites with the dark slate grey is complimentary towards the great craftsmanship and use of technique on the garments, showcasing placement and construction.
 
I like the idea of also using off-whites and it links well with the idea of using bones as a starting point for my project.
 
I do, however wish to use other colours to accent the creams that I intend to use, in similar way to Missoni. Using foils (as in my Leutton Postle work) may also help to lift the appearance of my work. Unlike my samples for Leutton Postle work, I will want to use foil that is quite similar to the yarns used, providing an accent and an extra texture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment