Bones

After struggling to think of a new theme to develop my work from, I decided to have a conversation with my tutor, Laura, to see which aspects of my work for Leutton Postle were strong and should be carried through.

We both agreed that working with texture and blending unusual yarns with plastics and leathers was something that really worked and could be developed. I decided to run with this idea but still needed a theme to underpin the entire collection.

As I wanted to also consider the shape of my samples, I thought that the irregularity of bones could be a really interesting starting point.

I decided to gather research via medical journals from the library but wanted to also source my own images. I organised an appointment at The Manchester Museum to photograph human remains from their collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment