Calvin Klein Collection S/S 14

















 
Another collection that encapsulates the mood of the samples I want to create, is Calvin Klein Collection S/S 14.

The garments I have featured display excellent attention to detail, work with texture and opposing weights of fabric and tone on tone, which is something that I may explore as part of my project.

I also love the soft movement that the tassel detail lends to the garment and the exploration of tassels and trims from my Leutton Postle work could be something that could be carried further and could filter down into my personal project samples.



I also love the raw hemlines that are a consistent feature throughout the collection. I need to bare in mind features that tie a collection together and I feel that looking at pre-existing collections is helping me to take note of small features that help to marry the individual pieces together.

I think that yarn choices and technique will help to unite my samples and it is definitely something that I need to develop and work on during this part of the unit as I feel that the definition of my collection as a whole for Leutton Postle may have let my work down slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment