Fresh start

After such an intensive few weeks of working on my Leutton Postle live brief, I really wanted to move on with my personal project, leaving most of the work from the live brief behind. As I was working so far out of my comfort zone, I felt that it was importnat to return to me. I wanted to revert back to the way that I like to work and communicate my own vision again.

I did, however feel that it might be a shape to completely abandon all aspects of the work I have done for Leutton Postle and decided to extract small details to carry through to my personal project. I really loved combining unusual yarn qualities to create an interesting surface. My previous posts show the blending of mohair, lurex, plastic monofilaments and leather. I thought this playful combination of materials was really interesting and with some refinement, this way of working could be transferred to my personal project.

I also really liked the idea of working back on top of the samples after they had been knitted. Techniques such as foiling and embellishment may come into play, as well as joining additional fabrics (perhaps leather as before).

No comments:

Post a Comment