Working with hot candle wax.

I decided to work with hot candle wax and dropping it into cold water. I was told that it creates interesting shapes that capture the motion of it falling into the water, much like the ink photographs that I have posted about earlier.

I was hoping that it would create longer strands of wax as it fell into the water, however it ended up creating wax pieces with a wider surface area. The side that sat on the surface of the water was left completely flat and the textural side was submerged in the water. They did not look exactly how I expected them to, which left me feeling a little disheartened, however, after looking at the information that they provided me with, I felt that this was a little bit of a happy mistake.

They were extremely fragile, this meant that it was tricky to get them out of the water without them crumbling to tiny pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment