Wolfgang Tillmans


Also, in my tutorial, Laura asked me if I had looked at Wolfgang Tillman's work. I knew immediately which body of work she meant as I had been to visit the exhibition at the Serpentine Gallery a few years back.
They have an immediate visual similarity to my ink photographs.





 As a photographer, Tillmans has used extremely large pieces of photographic paper and has used experimental ways of developing his images, resulting in free, expressive marks across the paper.
 
Light and various chemicals play a part in the colours and the marks that are created and this could be something to look into or consider throughout my project.
 
The similarity really is striking between my own photographs and these images, which is made even more interesting by the fact that they are achieved in completely different ways.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment