Textural wax

The image (left) shows the original scanned version of the wax models that dropping them in the water produced.

As you can see, the quality is pretty abysmal. The models themselves do however look nicely lit and the scanner really captured the depth and texture of the shapes, so I decided to try and edit the scanning.

I was also initially annoyed with the spectrum of colours that appeared across the background, however, as you can see in the edited version, this adds something more to the image, a range of colours that I had not originally noticed.



The edited image (see left) shows the wax pieces in a different arrangement. The editing has revealed more areas of dark and light. This shows all the grooves, nooks and crannies that the motion of dropping the wax into water has created.

I also feel that the blue tones compliment the stark white and in between greys beautifully. 

What I am most surprised about, is how much the wax models resemble smoke. I really love the way that it has linked back to my original idea but is an improvement at the same time.

I feel as though these pieces will allow me to look at both texture and colour, both of which will help inform my choices of yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment