Embellishing with hardware fixtures




These images show a variety of the embellishment samples that i have created. I used items such as nuts, bolts, washers and hinges, all varying in size.

I considered how I could use placement and repetition to create patterns with these pieces of metal and it resulted in many of the samples being repeat patterns that could be applied to clothing in my collection.

However the samples are quite heavy even when small so perhaps it would be impractical to cover a whole garment in this detailing and I may decide to use this on the trims of garments or as mentioned in the previous post, as a coating on a hem to contrast agains any other fabrics that I might use.



I quite like the idea of using these quite harsh metal fittings alongside lighter fabrics and perhaps with sheer fabrics. I feel that this would perhaps work well with a softer colour palette of pastels and powdery colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment