S/S 14 trend- Coated Hems.

 According to top trend forcaster WGSN, an upcoming trend for the following season is for hems to be in a contrasting colour, fabric or have detailing on them, setting them apart from the rest of the garment.

The image, left, shows a red sheer dress with a contrasting metallic pinky purple leather trim.

I feel that this could be a trend that I might follow when considering my own collection. I have already began to develop embellishment samples using hardware products and feel that this may be an appropriate place to put them.

I also feel that I could follow the trend in applying the metallic colours from the hardware fixtures and fittings along the bottom if I decide against applying the embellishment.

I feel that adding a flash of accenting colour to a more reserved and plain garment may help to make it look more high end and would add a feeling of expense to the outfit on the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment