Initial drawings using movement.

 These are the initial three drawings that I have created on A2 sheets of paper.

To start with, I don't feel that the scanned version of these images does the pictures justice. The original copy of these drawings accentuates the time and effort put into the drawings. The originals show the metallic ink being used to highlight and almost 'decorate' the marks that have been made on the page.




To start with, I put quite a substantial amount of paint on my knuckles and hands and attached my paper to the door in my flat. Then I knocked on the paper, allowing the mark made when knocking and pushing the door to be recorded by the paint.


 I then decided to work back into the initial marks using a variety of media such as a hard pencil, a very fine fineliner and then finally metallic inks in gold and silver. 

This created quite beautiful marks and has formed the basis of work that I am going to go on to create, through print etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment