Thermochromic paint

 Fashion design collaboration Avzeveno and Florence recently revived a 90's trend of using thermochromic fabric dye.

They developed simple vests and scarves etc that change colour when exposed to heat. A slight touch can mean that the dye will change colour and leave a hand print or an arm mark on the vest.


 
Critics feel that it is a "fad fashion" trend and that it will only be a short lived craze, but I think it would link in nicely with the work that I want to create. So I would like to find some fabric dye or thermochromic paint to use within my sketchbook, larger pieces and to test on garments that I will either purchase or learn to pattern cut myself.

As well as the more high end designers using this special heat reactive dye, high street store American Apparel have made a more affordable range of teeshirts too (see below)

No comments:

Post a Comment