Fashion with handprints


Fine artist Yoko Ono has created a conceptual range of menswear clothing featuring a handprint on the crotch of the trousers. This links to an idea I've had of my own.

I want to take a series of photographs or make a short film of me or a model wearing a white shirt. I want to then have the hands of the subject covered in paint and then ask them (or myself) to remove the shirt. This would then show the way that you use your hands on the body when dressing and undressing yourself and would leave interesting marks on certain parts of the garment. This could then be worked into using new colours and the embellishment idea. I'm SUPER excited by the entire process and I can't wait to put all these new ideas into practice.


Comme Des Garcons A/W 07/08 collection consisted of garments that had gloves attached to them in unusual and unexpected places.

This could also be a good indication as to where people place their hands on their bodies when wearing particular garments. For example in this image (left) the hands may be placed on the hips of the skirt and the button stands across the shirts.

I think this is another interesting take on mapping where hands could have been whilst dressing and undressing etc.

I also like the white on white colour pallete.

No comments:

Post a Comment