Prada AW12

I am keen to keep up with fashion trends and I endeavour to familiarise myself with the latest collections. On reflection of my own work, I immediately noticed that there were immediate links with Prada's AW12 collection, featuring geometric and quite solid prints. The colours are quite striking and appear to be quite optical.

 
The way that Prada have used geometric prints as well as a strong use of colour is interesting in itself, however the cut of the garments is quite an important statement within this particular collection.
 
The simple straight trousers temed with long flowing jackets and tops allow the print to be showcased to it's true potential. The movement of the garments whilst the models are walking down the runway accentuates the busy nature of the prints.


 
 I also find the way that the print has been applied to the floor using a suaded carpet and it allows the audience to be completely immersed in the prints that are included within the range of Prada's clothing. The jackets and trousers are also embellished with Rhinestones and jewels which also adds yet more depth to the prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment