Fairisle, lacing and tucking using punchcards.

I've also learned how to use punchcards to create fairisle patterns on the domestic knitting machine. It was much simpler than I thought it would be and I assumed that knitting fairisle would be much more complex to understand.

I created this diamond formation fairisle knit and alternated the colours after they both had a substantial amount (below).

I like the effects that can be achieved when using a punchcard, however I think I'd like to learn how to make my own designs on a punchcard to make it more relevant to my work.

I also used the different settings on the knitting machine to use the lace function using a different punchcard. I used a thicker yarn along side a much thinner yarn as I was told that this is the most effective. (above)

I also used the tuck method and changed my colours between the lime green, bright orange and blue to achieve this look (below).




No comments:

Post a Comment