New knitting samples- using cotton

After deciding that the colours I had previously used in my knitting samples were not suitable for the type of work that I wanted to produce, I began using some cotton yarns as opposed to lambswool.

The colours were much brighter and I've taken a sample of the colours that I have taken from photoshop here.

As you can see, the colours are much brighter and go with the rest of my work throughout the "Origins" unit.

I decided on these strong, bright colours at the right time as we were learning some new and exciting skills on the machine. I was learning to "partial knit" sections to give a sloping quality to the rows of knitting by only knitting a selection of the needles.


As you can see, the knit doesn't run in a straight line as it would traditionally.

Due to some experimentation, I also learned a new technique that wasn't actually shown to us and much to my surprise it worked! I used partial knit but instead of deselecting needles in a row next to each other, I left 3 needles and then deselected 3 so that it left some holes with the second colour coming through (below)

No comments:

Post a Comment