Unit X: College 2- Future Intelligence trend project.

Selecting College 2 for Unit X seemed to be a very natural choice for me. It entailed being part of a design team, a part of a bigger machine, allowing me to utilise my own personal skills and draw on the skills of others.

From this, I decided to take part in the "Future Intelligence" brief, focusing heavily on trend forecasting and identification. I felt that working on a trend-led would be beneficial and developing skills that could improve my awareness of trends would help me in future projects, altering the way that I approach future briefs.

Working in groups may be something that I find challenging as I do have a strong sense of vision on my own and I can find it difficult to allow other to alter and change that. However, working in teams is something that I must get used to and embrace the positive aspects of.

The Future Intelligence brief also provides the chance to work with Rianna Phillips, a graduate from MMU who has now developed her own line of fashion accessories, mainly clutch bags. Rianna's live brief involves developing a look book for her latest collection and this will be a challenge. 

As other groups will be taking part in this live brief, it will be competitive. I hope to gain a good understanding of Rianna's brand and developing collection and this will help me to gather ideas that will hopefully work for the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment