Leutton Postle live brief

As part of the 'Locating' unit, it was explained that we must create work suitable for a live brief that has been provided by an external client. The brief that best suited the Knit side of textiles was provided by Leutton Postle, a luxury knitwear label.

I was both excited and nervous about starting a live brief as I had never worked specifically for a client before. I felt that I should work in the same way that I would normally, but remember that the time frame is quite small and that I need to be keeping the project constantly on the move.

I began by looking at the Leutton Postle website, to gather inspiration. I wanted to see what the label was about and get a feel for how they worked and the aesthetic of their label. The general aesthetic seemed to vary quite drastically throughout the span of their relatively short career. I assumed that this was due to the label still establishing their identity within the fashion world and felt that it could also mean that they are open to new ideas and new directions of which they may want to take their work, or at least explore.

Their current collection (S/S 14) appeared to be more sportswear-led than their past collections and I think that a sport-luxe vibe works well with the playful use of pattern and colour and could be something that I could explore further.




I also watched the fashion films created by Leutton Postle and this confirmed the playful nature of the brand and I constantly kept reminding myself that this was something that needed to remain prevalent.

See Leutton Postle's website (below).

http://leuttonpostle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment