Final samples

Due to time constraints, I only had time to knit with the intent of using them as final samples. I decided to really pay attention to detail and experimentation throughout and felt that this should be a consistent feature throughout the collection of samples.

The image (left) shows a sample that I created by using the pockets technique on the dubied. Rather than knitting the entire sample with pockets, I decided to experiment and transferred some sections to the back bed, knitted the whole sample as double bed, therefore creating some areas with pockets (which I stuffed with mohair) and some areas knitted with floats instead of pockets. I was so pleased that the sample worked as it was a stab in the dark and an experiment. I think the overall look of this particular sample is one of the strongest that I produced.




I also created a sample that involved transferring stitches to the back bed and pushing the needles out of action, creating areas of large ladders/floats. This was a particularly time consuming and tedious sample to complete as you had to knit each row very slowly and cautiously to ensure that the feeder was introducing the yarn to the needles where it should be. That being said, I am really pleased with the outcome. The shimmery black yarn contrasts well with the cream/pink main yarn.




 The structural yet free moving nature of the technique creates a soft/strong looking fabric.





I have also featured closer photographs of samples that I also felt worked the best. I had used techniques such as dropstitch to create an irregular shape to some of my samples. I also feel that the reversible circles technique (used on both above images) creates an interesting surface, representing the texture of the bones photographs well.

No comments:

Post a Comment