Tutorial

In this week's tutorial, it was interesting to see everyone's ideas begin to come together to a more resolved conclusion and it became clear that ideas were flowing now, probably due to the fact that we hand in in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!

I managed to ask lots of questions about visualisation methods such as illustration and Laura also told me that I could pin my samples to a mannequin in order to suggest how I might apply my samples to garments/accessories which is something to consider.

Laura liked the pockets technique that I had tried on the Dubied. I had altered the needle arrangement and did it in such a way that I had one large pocket as opposed to lots of smaller ones and she liked how experimental it was and suggested that I take it further.

She also commented on attention to detail and how I could make things look more 'expensive'. She suggested including two or three rows of a different colour from my palette on some pieces and I feel that this will work well and will give the samples a clean and refined finish.

I am looking forward to experimenting more with Dubied samples as I feel my confidence is growing and I've stopped avoiding going on the machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment