Moulage to realise context of final samples.

I felt that it would be important to visually display and represent how I see some of my final knit samples to be used.
 
I feel that creating samples that cover the neck and face would work especially well, relating to my theme of protection (from poisonous gases, radiation etc). I also liked the duel function of the pieces that I have represented on my polystyrene head. Initially, the piece functions as a snood/scarf like garment that can be worn as a high collar. When needed, the collar's draw string at the top can be loosened and pulled over the face, to protect it when needed.
 
I feel that working physically with the knit samples is an effective way of showing the samples as I would want them to be used and I find it to be an interesting alternative to illustrating the final designs through drawing.
 
In this particular sample, I decided to knit a section of drop-stitch in a contrasting colour, to interact with the deep grey yarns. The drop-stitch section meant that it is possible to see through it, providing the wearer with a window that they can be both guarded by and see through. I feel as though the colours work beautifully together.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment