Marina Hoermanseder

After considering my knitting more and more, I decided that it would be appropriate to begin looking at other designer's work in order to visually contextualise my own samples.

I was browzing website 'Dezeen' as I have found that it has many interesting articles and discovered a fashion designer that has explored garments being quite restrictive and have a protective appearance. Marina Hoermanseder showed her collection at Graduate Fashion Week back in July.

The image (left) combines the restrictive, orthopaedic themes that Hoermanseder has explored in this collection, with a more tactile and luxurious sections that create a hard vs soft vibe.
I felt like this was something that I really wanted to explore in my work, combining conventional knits with plastics and latex and I feel as though this collection summerises the general look that I am aspiring to.

I also think that the attention to smaller details is stunning. The construction of the leather has created a very framed and considered feel to the garments. The hole-punch detailing and hardware style fastenings work beautifully with the delicate ruffles of the undergarments.

I feel that attention to detail and refinement could lead to my samples looking considered and finished. I feel that now I have decided on the majority of my colours it would be the perfect time to consider smaller touches that would lend themselves well to the high end market that my garment ideas would be marketed towards.

I must consider things such as placement, refinement and experiment with these things in order to get the desired that will, in turn, transform the entire feel of my collection. I feel that looking at other artists and designers will help to inform this.

No comments:

Post a Comment