Getting closer

Today has been fairly successful. After the tutorial I feel that this week needed to be spent on trying to resolve some of my ideas in order to create final samples. I really want this pocket idea to be carried through to a final idea so I have been really persistent and have tried several times to get it right.

I have finally got to the stage where I need to cast off and steam but it is still currently hanging from the bed of the Dubied.

In my previous attempts, the machine had dropped some stitches without me realising, sometimes ladders just appeared out of the blue and it did become quite frustrating. The biggest problem that I have encountered is trying the get the knitting that is at either side of the pocket to be consistent and not baggy etc. Sue suggested that I use domestic machine claw weights closer to the top of the bed to try and weigh it down and luckily that appears to have worked.

Including the two rows of pale green works really well with the grey.

The following image is one of my failed attempts and show some of the problems that I've had to overcome (bunching at the sides etc).

To overcome the issue of the stress that appears to be on the stitches right next to the pocket, I have transferred the last stitches before the pocket at either side to the back and front bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment