Final sampling

I have decided to upload two of my final samples. Laura told us that we needed between 8-12. I found this quite a challenge but as I am reaching the end of this unit, I can now see my samples working together as a collection.

The sample (left) was created using the intarsia carriage in order to create windows that I later filled with dyed latex.

The sample (left) was created on the dubied machine. I used a 10G for the relatively fine cotton. I cast decided to introduce colour through a small stripe. I included a darker shade of grey in the ripple sections of the sample and to tie in other colours, reintroduced the minty colour into another  of the ripples. I feel that I have paid attention to detail in order to give the sample a finished, crisp and clean look and that the sample has worked particularly well and could be one of my favourites.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment