Continued work with latex

I wanted to work with latex more but I also wanted to carry this through to my knitting. I already knew that this would be tricky and there may be some logistical issues as I highly doubt that the material will go through the machine- but I will try.

I have created some strips of the latex, remaining true to my colour palette by using ink to colour the latex before it dries.

I thought that the only way I would be able to incorporate these strips into my knitting would be to e-wrap them into my knitting on the domestic machine.

However, after talking to to the Technician, Sue, she suggested a few techniques on the Dubied that could be used to showcase the latex strips that I must try.

I'm not hopeful that the machine will take the latex but I feel as though the experimentation may lead to another path that I may be able to take it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment