Sabine Pieper

As I am now in the Textile Design for Fashion area, I wanted to look at some fashion illustrators. I also wanted to look at some styles of illustration before I began work for my Mary Katrantzou competition entry.

I was looking at Elle UK Magazine and noticed that on the last page, an illustrator called Sabine Pieper draws contemporary outfits for Elle, to illustrate their articles. I decided that I wanted to look further into the kind of work that she does and I was blown away.

The style of them is amazing and I'm quite intrigued as to how she achieves such a look. I'm almost certain that they're completed on photoshop.

I feel that the style of her illustrations would be quite appropriate to the way that I want my own fashion illustration to look. I want to inject some of my own style into it and I think that I would use mostly hand drawn techniques but I would be open to trying editing it on photoshop afterwards.

For my own illustrations, I would like to adopt such a style and it would give me a good oppertunity to perhaps hand draw my illustration and then alter and edit on photoshop.




No comments:

Post a Comment