Textile View Magazine- Issue 99

I wanted to look again at some more trends for the near future to establish my position within the current textile market. I decided to read the current issue of Textile View Magazine, as I know that they cover a large range of disciplines within textiles such as Haute Couture, menswear, womenswear, knitwear etc.

The overall layout of the trend board sections of the magazines allows me to identify immediately the colours, silhouettes and general feel of the trend and it means that at one glance I can immediately identify or disregard myself with a certain trend. For example, I could automatically see aspects of my own work with the "Join the Circus" trend, below.


This particular trend identifies bright colours, creative and exciting use of print and colour as well as a keen use of repeat pattern that I can associate myself with.



I also identified some similar attributes within the "Playhouse" trend, which focuses on colour, odd shapes and bright prints. All of which appeal to me and are reflected within my own practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment