New drawings

Like I said in my previous post, I've blown up sections of one of my previously created prints as can be seen in this image, below.

 
This image has been broken down into quite basic shapes that have been reflected. I would treat each shape as an individual shape when considering on how I would fill each gap.
 
I want to fill each one with a hand drawn/painted replica of the previously made prints. I feel that this would create a very intricate piece of work and it would be interesting to see how the colours and shapes would interact with each other when placed together in a single piece of work.
 
I drew out and simplified some sections of my older prints and redrew them into squares. I then decided to paint them using gouache paint, restricting myself to the colour pallette that I had already painted out and established. I've also coloured some of the squares using promarkers.

I feel that the promarkers(right hand collumn) give a bit of a wishy-washy appearance to the drawings and that is not what I set out to achieve.

However, the use of gouache provided me with a much sharper finish. I managed to get the consistency between the paint and water correct in order to achieve an even coverage of colour and meaning that I have allowed the colour to retain it's matte finish. I would go as far as to sat that certain sections of the painted pieces look as though they have been processed digitally. I then fine linered the edges of my drawings to finish  them and give them a crisp edge.

Overall, it was a time consuming process but I think the time and effort that has been put into them shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment