Cutting and layering development, application of print

I really liked the cutting of the shapes and felt a sense of great achievement when I had completed the time consuming process. I wanted to develop these pieces further and even though I feel that the use of white on white is quite effective, it does not quite reflect the rest of my work that I have created during this project.

It would be wasteful when I have already created quite a range of prints to not reuse some of them in a different way. So, with this decision, I chose three prints that I would use to develop into cut paper pieces (see below).




I decided that these colours might interact quite well together and I wanted to see how many possible combinations of the prints could be made, so I did this visually within my sketchbook to determine which prints I would be able to make without having to make them all without knowing the outcome.


I feel that I saved myself time by planning carefully within my sketchbook and I have documented it visually so it is immediately visible which combinations could be created and could be a formula that anyone could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment