Sharing/ Collaboration of ideas

http://1085362085.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/sandrine-pelletier.html

I have included a link to fellow group member and textiles in practice student, Shannon's blog. 

She began using thread with PVA glue, this meant that the structure that she placed the thread in was frozen by the glue and retained it's shape. I found this technique really interesting and she shared with the group an artist that works in a similar way, on quite an ambitious scale. Sandrine Pelletier has created large horse-like structures, using the same technique.

I want to be able to share processes with the group and I think that it's interesting that I may use this particular technique but take a totally different spin on it to Shannon.

I want the technique to relate to the work with text that I have already been doing. Therefore I feel as though I should make some letters using this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment