Camille Utterback.

I have attached a video of this installation entitled "Text Rain" by Camille Utterback.

I like the playful and interactive nature of the piece, and even though the piece is relatively dated (1999), the technology is still bafflingly complex to me!

The letters that do not really exist bounce off of the silhouette of a person that stands in front of the screen of which the computerised letters are falling like rain- hence the name. I feel that the playful and interactive nature of the piece is well suited to our own theme and as a group, we could take a leaf from this installation's book.

I think we could add a playful twist to the work that we are creating. There was even talk of the work sitting outside in the public domain, allowing the general public to see and even interact with. I feel as though we could leave something within the reach of people and entrust them not to destroy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment