Creating letters using PVA glue and thread.

Using the technique that was shared with me in the previous post, I decided to create letters using PVA glue and thread in varying sizes and forms.



The loose looking structure of the shapes is different to the way that I have been working with cut paper and doesn't have the same clean edge that I have been using. However I think that this new, more loose mark that the thread makes relates well to the work of Anastacia Mastrakouli.

Similarly, I wanted to use something that may be more transparent and fluid. The group had already discussed working with transparency and shining lights through translucent forms to cast a fluid mark and give that almost 'stain glass window' sort of effect. I think shadows may be the way forward with my letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment