Anastasia Mastrakouli

I decided to look for an artist in order to progress and gain some inspiration.

I wanted to look for artists that had explored the alphabet or text and my research lead me to look at Anastasia Mastrakouli. The fine art photographer has used the body's silhouette to create the alphabet.

I think it's very innovative and the use of the body to create shapes and structure mirrors the act of interpretive dance.

I like the greys and tonal shades that the lighting has created on the body and I think that it is quite similar to my own photographs of text.

I find the fluid lines that the limbs make in contrast to the sharp points that joints create quite interesting also. The body being nude and behind a screen means that the piece still retains tastefulness and grace.

This idea and concept of using the body to create text could also be used in accordance to the group idea of creating a performance surrounding our ideas and it will be something that I suggest in a future tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment