Final tutorial

I was quite nervous and have felt dreadful in the past week or so and feel as though time is really running out. I was anxious to show the group the beginnings of final samples and was beginning to panic about how difficult I was finding it to create perfect final samples with no dropped stitches etc.

I shared all ideas and showed what I had developed and the group were encouraging. However,  a spanner was thrown in the works when they all felt as though, aesthetically, that my work was looking increasingly masculine and shoudl be made as a menswear collection of samples. This really threw me off and I didn't know what to do as I was quite strong on my collection being aimed at females. However, after taking on board advice, I have used softer greys and refined my colour palette (right.

As I had decided to create a series of samples that would be used for protective accessories and over garments and listening to the group has lead me to decide that I am going to change ideas slightly and apply my samples to a unisex audience. I feel that the colours feel appropriate to the style conscious future, applicable to either male or female. I feel as though now I may need to find some designers from a menswear background or perhaps designers that have created unisex collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment