My 'TomorrowCulture'

I have decided to create my own world that I need to create a range of textiles to sit within. I feel as though this is giving my work context, even before I have created any practical work at all, which is a positive way to start the unit.

I have decided that tomorrow will be bleak. In a world of consumerism and wastefulness, pollution is at an all time high. Smog, acid rain and a darkened sky are an every day event. As a planet, we are on the brink of chemical war, think Syria. We are becoming increasingly image conscious yet have to protect ourselves from the situations that we have created for ourselves as a society- so how am I going to tackle this?

I plan on developing a range of protective textiles that will allow the wearer to feel stylish but does not compromise against its ultimate function of protection.

I plan on looking at examples of protective clothing that are already broadly in use and filtering out what I feel would be relevant to my own world. This may be the fabrics and materials, the techniques used or simply the shapes or function of the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment