Fashion drawing



I decided to try my hand at fashion illustration whilst sticking to a theme and knowing the fabrics that were being used.

My boyfriend is in the final year of his Fashion degree and I decided to look at his sketchbook and selections of fabric and knowing the theme he was using allowed me to create my own designs.

The theme was body distortion through shadows. I decided to look at high waisted trousers to give the impression of longer legs, teamed with a cropped shirt. Similarly I decided a high waisted skirt alongside a turtle neck gives the impression of a longer body overall.

I also tried to make my garments have button stands on different angles instead of the typical vertical button stands that would be found on conventional garments. I felt that using promarkers would be a good way to indicate colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment