Drawing doors

I've decided to base the beginning of my project on doors. I find them so interesting and you can get so much Data from them. You can look at the colours of the doors, the condition of them, the types of handles, hinges, numbers and knockers etc.

I decided to look at these through my drawing, drawing the handles and locks and decaying paint of some back alley doors. I decided to stick to quite a loose style of drawing, using pencil, pen and white charcoal.


I particularly like the handle and the hinge of the drawings.

I also want to look at how people touch and knock on doors. I think it might be interesting to see how people interact with doors. I am trying to think of a way that the interaction of people with doors could be recorded, perhaps through paint being on the hands of the person knocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment