Choi Jeong Hwa

I wanted to look at more contextual links to my theme. The "doors" theme seems to be quite broad so I wanted to cover as many bases as possible.

This particular take on doors features an installation piece by the Chinese artist. The construction of this means that it appears that a full building has been created just from brightly coloured doors.

I think the installation take on doors is very interesting. I'm thinking of carrying out processes that could be used as a piece of conceptual art within a gallery setting so it is highly important to look at artists that are relevant and work in a similar way.

I also like this piece called "Wish". The large scale is something that I may be interested in working in and I think the challenge would be something that I do have the brain for. I enjoy planning, measuring and precision which I feel would put me in good stead for creating a larger scale piece.

I like the use of brightly coloured fabric that is juxtaposed against the rigidity and solidness of the buildings that they are draped against.

No comments:

Post a Comment