Knitting samples

I began knitting on a domestic knitting machine just over a fortnight ago. I started by beginning with simple plain knit samples where I would change my colour to acheive a striped sample. I was selective with my colours, attempting to stick to neutral tones with flashes of a brighter colour.

Initially, I felt as though I was doing the right thing and had selected my yarns properly and appropriately to suit the style of my work. However, after a tutorial, it came to my attention that the decision to use wool was not appropriate to my method of working.

The wools had a marly appearance and the colour was not a strong flat colour that sat flat within the sample and that was the look I wanted to acheive.

I want to redo these samples in some of the brighter and more punchy colours in a cotton perhaps to allow the colour to sit flatly within the sample rather than it getting lost in a wash of grey.

I do think the proportion of colour within these particular samples is rather nice but I do want to re-knit so that all of my samples appear to be appropriate to all of my other practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment