Planning for a final piece

I had decided that I had been influence so much by the artists that I have mentioned on my blog that I too wanted to create a piece that included my work being suspended and in a high multiple.

I felt that this reflected a lot of the work that I had created and I had experimented with suspending some of my thread letters and I felt that this was strong and worked really well. I felt that this was the way forward but I still had a lot of problem solving to do.

I then felt as though a cylindrical shape would be a good way to display a large number of the letters, but I also didn't want the way that they were suspended to detract from the effort that is put into making the letters in the first place. What could be used to hang them from? How many would I need? So many problems that needed to be cracked and fast.

I decided to use the entire code that had been developed from deconstructing the text previously. This is going to be a large task but if the work is going to be on display then I feel as though I need to be ambitious. I will need to make 168 of the letters from thread and I have decided that they will be white.

Despite the group abandoning previous ideas, I have retained the colour palette that we had decided on; whites, accented with punchy and bright green and orange.

I now felt as though I had decided and needed to visually plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment