Developing the idea of using transparency.

The group have generally been interested and attracted to the idea of using transparency and shadows within our work. I have already included this by casting shadows of hanging letters onto the wall and documenting this but I felt as though it could be developed further by using photoshop to manipulate some of the cut paper letters that I have already used.


I wanted to layer certain elements of the pieces, using the transparency of the layers to give the impression that they have been overlaid and placed on top of one and other.


I feel as though the colours work well with this technique, keeping it quite muted with greys and a tea stain ocre colour but predominantly white and off white has been used. I feel as though I could get these pieces printed off on to acetate and cast a light through them- again using the idea of transparency within my work.

I don't know if this will be used by the group however I feel as though it is a step in the right direction, in developing print or something that may be projected or hung etc

I also feel that this colour palette is working well and that it could work especially well with small flashes of the accent colours that I have discussed.






No comments:

Post a Comment