Alphabet Mask.

As other people within the group have also spoken about the possibility of creating a performance piece, I felt that the inclusion of my work would be overlooked and I needed to address this. I decided that the structures that I have been creating could actually be worn within a performance.

As you can see, I decided to create a mask onto a polystyrene head, placing letters and clustering them together in order to hold them in place.

I really feel like this works well, so much so that I felt as though I wanted to play more with the composition of the letters.

I also quite like that the letters aren't too bright against the white head and that they blend together almost seamlessly.

Joining the pieces together may be quite difficult if this ideas is carried through by the group however and it would probably need to be fitted to the performer's head to ensure that the letters fit where they are intended to.





No comments:

Post a Comment