Deconstructing a text

I decided to deconstruct a newspaper article. It was a process in itself deciding on which newspaper article to do. I took a newspaper and went to the thirteenth page and decided to use the thirteenth article from there.

It did not matter to me what the content of the newspaper article was and to be honest I still have not read the content now- it is not relevant to the work that I want to create.

As you can see (left) the letters and the font are TINY. It was a time consuming task that I undertook which involved cutting every 13th letter from the article.

That in itself took hours and this may have seemed unnecessary and laborious and in away I feel as though I could have completed more work had I not undertaken such a lengthy task and maybe the progress of my own work has suffered because of this.

As I cut each letter out, I took a note of the order that I had cut them out in so that then I could stick them down again in that particular order. This would be my own method of developing a code that all leads back to the number 175. I was almost certain that sticking them down would have been an even more time consuming task than the cutting of the letters, but I refused to be beaten by the task that I had set myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment